Robert MusokeManaging Partner
Robert is a Managing Partner at LIBRA Advocates & Consultants. He heads the Firm’s corporate and commercial department. Robert has over ten years of legal expertise, corporate and social entity governance, and finance and tax advisory. A former senior tax advisor at KPMG and Grant Thornton with previous experience in leading law firms, Robert possesses extensive experience in a wide range of transactions on banking, finance, and corporate arrangements including insolvencies, restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, and international corporate governance.
He currently advises major corporate entities and international institutions on tax and legal compliance and management; serving as the local contact for international for-profit corporate firms and not-for-profit clients, across diverse sectors and industries. His expertise is remarkable in corporate and social responsibility, multi-million-dollar construction and public works for international corporate entities, global mobility, and immigration of international expatriates, company secretarial, licensing and regulatory, debentures, charges and share transfer, insurance, transfer pricing, employment, and labour, liquidation, asset transfers, mortgage financing, etc.
Robert is a practicing Advocate of the High Court of Uganda.
Brief transactional experience
- Tax and Legal Consultant for one of the joint partners in the construction of the Kampala Water-Lake Victoria Watsan Project (KW-LVWATSAN), constructing the Katosi Drinking Water Treatment Plant and Nsumba Pumping Main and Reservoir; A Government of Uganda project funded by a consortium of European Development Banks, i.e., European Investment Bank (EIB), French Development Agency (AFD), German Development Group (KFW), and the EU Africa Infrastructure Fund (EU-ITF);
- Representing the Developer in an arbitration arising out of termination of a contract for a 25million dollar construction project of a high-end arcade around the New Taxi Park – Kampala, Uganda;
- Advising the Contractor on submission of Final Accounts arising out of termination of the main contract for the 5-Star Marriott Hotel and Executive Apartments, and advising the contractor on the recovery claim for advance and performance bonds payments;
- Representing the Developer against termination of the contract for the construction and furnishing of a 4-Star Hotel for the Africa Youth Empowerment Limited;
- Lead Counsel representing members of Uganda Alcohol Manufacturers Association and Uganda Water and Juice Manufacturers Association against the implementation of the Digital Tax Solutions before the Tax Appeals Tribunal and the High Court of Uganda;
- Representing the shareholder in an acquisition of a hydro-power project by responsAbility Renewable Energy Holdings (rAREH) Nyamwamba
- Successfully handled an amalgamation of a mining company with a nominal share capital of USD10M.
- Advocate, High Court of Uganda
- Member, Uganda Law Society
- Member, East African Law Society
- Makerere University, Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Law Development Centre, Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Postgraduate Diploma in Tax Revenue Administration