Cordelia Akahirwa MulondoSenior Tax & Accounts Associate
areas of expertise
- Accounting & Administration
- Financial Management
- Client Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration – (Accounting)
, Uganda Christian University
Cordelia Akahirwa is the Senior Tax and Accounts Associate in the firm. Working closely with the CEO/Tax Director and with about 5 years of work experience in the tax, accounting and administration sector, she is responsible for all finance, accounts and taxation matters arising in the firm and also handles all administration related matters for the firm.
She has previously handled accounts, administration and office management at a leading institution and a law firm in Uganda, where she gained valuable hands-on experience in professional office management, financial management and client management.
A detail oriented, organized and thorough person, she is known for her ability to manage and oversee large teams, whether legal or non-legal professionals, while also ably overseeing all the financial, accounting and tax related work details in both large multi-party transactions and in routine regulatory filings.
She is proficient and firmly conversant with e-billing record keeping and accounting systems, computerized financial accounting systems like QuickBooks and Tally management systems
- Assisted in reviewing of financial data and information of an international organization for a VAT assessment of UGX 6.4 billion arising from a purported under-declaration of sales.
- Assisted in the tax and financial accounts health check process for an international organization which revealed a tax liability exposure of over UGX 230 million. (2017)
- Assisted in a tax health check, data collection for a tax liability exposure of over UGX 1.2 billion arising from adjustments made in the amount of initial allowance claimed; and the VAT of UGX over 4.8 billion arising from a purported under declaration.
- Assisted in data collection used in report writing for the following clients in regards to their tax accounting health checks: Food for the Hungry; John Snow Research & Training; Danish Refugee Council; War Child Holland and ZOA International
- Assisted in making tax objections for the following clients on VAT, WHT, PAYE and CIT estimated or additional assessments raised by the URA: Vegol Limited, African Panthers Resources, Scorpio Africa Limited; the Rangers t/a Betway; International Centre for Transitional Justice; War Child Holland; and, JSI SPRING Project
- Assist in subsequent reviewing and filing tax returns for the following clients on a monthly and annual basis to URA: UNEECO Uganda Ltd, Humanity Inclusion; Wildlife Conservation Society; International Centre for Transitional Justice; War Child Holland; and JSI SPRING Project
- Assisted in reviewing, updating and amending of e-tax details for a number of clients to bring their records up to date with URA requirements namely: The Rangers t/a Betway; International Centre for Transitional Justice; War Child Holland; John Snow Research & Training Institute and Wildlife Conservation Society.