Atuhairwe A. MugiziSenior Legal Associate | Corporate & Employment Law Services
- Atuhairwe Agrace Mugizi is a Senior Legal Associate at LIBRA, tasked with corporate and employment law advisory. Atuhairwe joined LIBRA with broad knowledge of corporate governance and structure, corporate compliance and regulation, and international and domestic intellectual property laws.
- She currently advises international & local establishments and corporate entities on best legal practices and compliance with the laws of Uganda. Her experience as a researcher and author sets her apart in handling large briefs on the establishment and compliance of corporate businesses, human resource and dispute resolution practices, detection of fraud in commercial and social entities, et al. She has advised our clientele on various issues concerning institutional fraud, transactional disputes, incorporation of social and commercial entities, contractual obligations and several internal policies of companies and INGOs, et al.
- Atuhairwe is a dual-qualified practicing advocate of the High Courts of Uganda and Kenya, with over 8 years of experience.
Brief Transactional Experience
- Assistant Lead counsel in representing a Claimant in a successful arbitration for payment of tech services worth UGX.3B.
- Lead counsel in investigating corporate and commercial fraud and fraudulent activities, financial losses, and employment misconduct in LLCs and INGOs.
- Lead counsel in conducting and negotiating dispute resolution processes between employers and employees, LLCs and service providers, and advising on appropriate disciplinary proceedings and negotiations.
- Lead counsel and assistant lead counsel in performing due diligence and compliance exercises in LLCs wishing to takeover or merge or amalgamate with local entities or branches of international businesses; and LLCs wishing to exit the business in the region as well as enter into joint ventures with local LLCs.
- Lead counsel tasked with drawing equity investment contracts for social enterprises, multi-international LLCs, and local companies in the start-up sector of the country’s entrepreneurial industry.
- Lead Counsel in mediation between two LLCs in mining operations to settle a dispute over UGX.3B.
- Advocate – High Courts of Kenya & Uganda
- Law Society of Kenya and LSK-Nairobi Branch & Advocates’ Benevolent Association;
- East Africa Law Society;
- International Bar Association;
- Uganda Law Society
- Uganda Christian University, LLM International Business Law (On-going)
- Uganda Christian University, Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Kenya School of Law, Post-Graduate Diploma, Advocates’ Training Programme.