Mergers, Acquisitions & Dissolutions
Global trends are pointing towards consolidation of entities in the not-for-profit sector to better achieve their goals. This is in addition to the need to harmonize efforts to create impact in an increasingly competitive donor funding gap in developing countries.
Many organizations are merging while others are closing down or moving into other jurisdictions. Other organizations are merging to increase their fundraising capabilities, increase their efficiency and impact and some are moving to other jurisdictions.
We advise on transactions covering the sale and purchase of businesses. We ensure that our legal solutions are structured to meet commercial as well as legal and tax requirements.
We provide advice in the daily routine legal questions arising in the various fields of commercial activity – mainly in the area of corporate, employment and intellectual property law. Our activity includes the drafting and review of commercial agreements as well as representing the clients in contractual negotiations. We adopt a business-minded approach during the preparation of the legal documents by addressing the real business risks and specifics of the given transaction.
Our mergers, acquisitions & dissolution services include
- Conducting due diligence prior to a merger or acquisition
- Advising boards on their options in a pending dissolution.
- Drafting and negotiating merger documents
- Filing merger plans with appropriate regulatory agencies
- Transferring programs and assets of dissolving non-profits to other organizations to ensure a smooth transition and preserve the status quo for
- Dissolving non-profit organizations and advising on the final disbursement of assets.